The Pew Internet & American Life Project finds social networking usage between April 2009 and May 2010:
- Grew 88% among users aged 55-64
- 65 and older group’s presence grew 100%
- Users aged 50 and older increased usage from 22% to 42%
- 47% of 50-64 year-old users indicate they use social media
- 26% of those over 65 indicated they use social media
How do you feel about senior adults taking over the ‘net spaces? Do you know any older adults that are becoming Facebook addicts? How can we leverage this audience to help support our campuses and our messaging?
Editor’s Note: Facebook and LinkedIn are the main social media sites this more mature crowd frequents.