Facebook has done it again. They have burned the midnight oil, caught us asleep at the wheel, and optimized their weekend working (against our weekend off) unleashing a new Facebook Personal Profile! Before you cheer or guffaw, check out the walkthrough video below:
I knew this was coming since the whole “Page – Location Merge Debacle of 2010” was announced. But I didn’t expect to see this until closer until Christmas. They are live now though and are what I drank my morning coffee too. I couldn’t believe that over 40 of my friends had already made the switch. If you want to make the switch yourself (which I neither endorse nor condemn at this point) simply click on Facebook’s announcement to activate yours and check out all the new features, including revamped personal info, more prominent pictures, top interests showcased as images, more descriptive relationships and more. The slideshow below outlines some of the latest features.
So here are a few of my first impressions:
- Ads are larger and more “front and center” which is not cool
- Main profile image looks chopped off no matter what you do to edit the image
- Icons below (Wall, Info, Photos, are cheesy looking)
- Friends can now see what “Group” I have put them in. NOTE: May need to change some of the groups I made. YIKES!
- Poke is now a standalone button which I HATE. I hate the term and I hate the option.
So? What do you think? Have you already switched? Will you be switching? What are some pros and what are some cons in your opinion?
Editor’s Note: To date there is NO backdoor once you have switched your profile. This will likely not remain an option much longer. I think we are looking at the *NEW* profile page.